Interested in a career in construction? Enroll for job and life skills training.
Starts August 22, 2016 9am - 12pm at Allen Temple 8501 International Blvd, Oakland, CA
- Case Management
- Career Coaching
- Barrier Removal
- Job and Life Skills
- Vocational Training
- Exposure to the Trades
- Academic Support
BACR is partnering with Allen Temple Baptist Church and local unions to provide Oakland residents access to careers in construction. Participants gain professional development, career coaching, academic support, case management, barrier removal, and construction industry readiness. Participants will obtain industry level certification, be exposed to various construction crafts and gain access to high paying careers in Northern California’s growing construction industry.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. There is no maximum age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED or be in the process of obtaining one.
- Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak English in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in
related training classes and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the job.
- Applicant must complete all application forms and provide evidence of legal employable status in the United States
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License or be in the process of obtaining one.